Rules and conditions of the exclusive insurance that InMalta offers you
Guard.me insurance is only available to people under the age of 70 who have booked an Academic Course at the policyholder and for which the appropriate prize has been paid before the trip, including leisure trips within the Europe up to 21 days per trip.
This summary policy is an essential reading and will help you understand insurance by highlighting important features, benefits, limitations and exclusions. The summary does not contain all the terms and conditions. These are found in the Policy document.
The purpose of the insurance
Insurance coverage provides economic protection and medical assistance during the academic course.
The insurance is signed by ERV, a company of the Ergo Group. ERV is authorized by BAFIN and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details on our Financial Conduct Authority regulations are available on request.
The insurance is managed by Globalguard International Insurance Services Ltd., which carries out activities such as Guard.me International Insurance, legal address 89 New Bond Street London, W1S 1DA, authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, no. 509,721.
Notwithstanding the fact that the insured's journey begins and ends during the Period of the Policy and that the appropriate premium payments and statements have been made:
- In respect of Cancellation, only for journeys from the EEA (European Economic Area) coverage begins on the date on which the insured's journey is booked and ends with the commencement of the insured's journey.
- As far as all other insurance in the Policy are concerned, coverage begins on arrival in the host country of the Academic Course and ends when the insured leaves the host country.
Important features and benefits
Sections and sub-sections:
1. Personal Accident> benefit amount / bonus limit: 25,000 Euro
- Medical Emergency and Repatriation expenses > Amount of Benefits / Benefit Limit: 10,000,000 Euro
- Hospitalization Benefits> Amount Benefits / Benefit Limits: 100 Euro (20 Euros / 24 Hours)
- Urgent dental care> Benefit / Benefit Limit: 150 Euro
- Funeral expenses> benefit amount / bonus limit: 2000 Euro
- Cancellation due to serious illness, death or dismissal (AVAILABLE ONLY FOR TRAVELINGS FROM THE EEA AS DEFINED IN THE POLICE DOCUMENT)> Amount of Benefits / Limit: 7.500 Euro
4. Reduction> Benefit Amount / Benefit Limit: 7,500 Euro
5. Travel Delay Benefits
- Travel delay facilities> benefit amount / bonus limit: 280 Euro (20 Euro / 12 hours)
-Repeat / interruption / failure to start> benefit amount / bonus limit: 7.500 Euro
6. Personal Items
- Personal Effects / Goods> 2000 Euro
- Limit for single item> 250 Euro
- Values> 250 Euro
- Personal Money> benefit amount / bonus limit: 250 Euro
- Document Replacement> benefit amount / bonus limit: 250 Euro
7. Delay of baggage> benefit amount / bonus limit: 100 Euro (after 12 hours)
8. Civil liability> Amount of Benefits / Limit of Grant: 2,000,000 Euro.
Total liability limit
ERV will not be liable for amounts above the amounts shown below. If the total amount of all benefits owed exceeds this amount, the benefit payable for each insured person shall be reduced proportionally to a total amount in which the sum of the benefits does not exceed the total limit.
For event that falls in Section 1. Personal injuries 1.000.000 € / £
For travel or event that falls under Section 3. & 4. Cancellation and reduction 75,000 € / £
Requests due to the following causes will not be paid:
- ERV will not be liable for any personal injury, loss, damage or expense arising or even caused in part, directly or indirectly, when
The insured person commits or attempts to commit suicide or inflicts wounds intentionally
The insured person is devoted to dangerous activities and sports (see Appendix 1 to the wording of the Policy)
The insured person is a member of the Armed Forces of any Nation or International Authority or a member of any reserve unit referred to permanent service or whether the war is declared or not in the country of residence of the insured person
- Any expenses incurred will be rejected if the policy holder or insured person has been refused to entry to the UK or the application for Visas has been refused
- Medical expenses in the country of residence of the insured person
- Values unattended unless properly closed
- Loss or theft not denounced to the police within 24 hours
- Regulations or Orders issued by Public Authority or Government
There may be other exclusions important for you to know. For full details, see the Policy Exclusion and General Exclusion sections of the policy.
You must notify the AV Claims Service, as soon as possible, for any Event Insured that may give rise to a redemption request if the value exceeds or is likely to exceed 500 € / £. Coverage is invalid if notification to the VET is made more than 60 days after the occurrence of any Insured Event.
1) Check the Policy Attachment and Policy Formulation to see if the loss is secured.
2) Contact the ERV Claims Service during office hours, Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00, Tel: +44 (0) 1403 788 515, email email@example.com as soon as possible indicating your contract number, certificate number, and let us know what happened.
3) Remember to keep the relevant original receipts (not photocopies) as they may be required for claims.
We sincerely hope that we never have to make a complaint on our Insurance Policy or Claim Resolutions. However, if you ever want to file a complaint, send the details to:
ETI International Travel Protection
Albany House, 14 Bishopric,
Horsham, West Sussex RH12 1QN, England
If the case isn't resolved with your satisfaction please write to:
The Financial Ombudsman
Service South Quay Plaza 2,
183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR, England
The Financial Ombudsman Service can handle the complaint only after you have completely followed the complaint procedure. If you use the 'Complaint Procedure', your right to take any legal action will not be affected.
We are covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) (Financial Services Compensation Scheme). You may be entitled to compensation as in the scheme if we do not meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the complaint. The Most part of insurance contracts are covered 100% for the first £ 2,000 and 90% for the rest of the claim. More information on the Financial Conduct Authority or FSCS can be found at www.fscs.org.uk or at +44 020 7892 7300. You can check the above data on the Financial Conduct Authority Register Financial) by visiting the FCA website: www.fca.gov.uk/register or by contacting the FCA at +44 0845 606 1234